1. To create an Elluminate session in ANGEL, click on the Elluminate Live! nugget (located in the ‘Communicate’ tab of your course).
2. Scroll over the white bar on the Elluminate Live! nugget and a pencil will appear. Click on the pencil and then click ‘Add Session’.
3. In the “Session” tab, enter the name of the session (no special characters--%@, etc.) and the start/end date and time. You may also choose to repeat the session weekly, monthly, etc., (the meeting must always occur on the same day/time). To create meetings on different days/times, follow this process to create additional sessions.
4. You may choose to add the session to your course calendar by clicking the ‘Save to Calendar’ box. Note that this feature will only work if you are utilizing the ‘Calendar’ feature in ANGEL.
5. Click on the ‘Session Access’ button to set a time for early access to the room (optional, if you would like the room to open before your scheduled time). This will allow participants to troubleshoot/perform compatibility checks before the session begins.
6. Click on the ‘Moderators & Participants’ tab to set the role for each member of the session. While Elluminate Live! allows you to promote or demote moderators within the session, this capability lets teachers assign moderator privileges so that when users join the session they are granted moderator status.
7. Click on the ‘Session Attributes’ tab to define session attributes. These include recording mode, number of simultaneous talkers, ability to define whether the session is supervised (i.e. student chat is monitored), and ability to enable all permissions settings for participants. You can also enable the “raise hand upon entry” setting to notify the instructor a student has joined the session.
8. Click on the ‘Create’ button
9. You will then be prompted to send an email invitation through ANGEL email to notify participants and invite them to the session. You may choose ‘Continue and send confirmation email’ or ‘Continue without sending confirmation email’.
*Note that if you choose ‘Continue and send confirmation email,’ the confirmation email will not contain a direct link to the session.* Participants must first log in to ANGEL to access Elluminate Live! sessions. You may consider including information about the time, date, and title of your Elluminate Live! session within the body of your confirmation email, as well as a note directing participants to access the session via the 'Communicate' or 'Calendar' tabs.
Note that if you have elected to have the session populate the ANGEL calendar, all participants will be able to access the session by clicking on the link created within the ANGEL calendar.
10. Your session will now be visible under the ‘Live’ tab of the ‘Elluminate Live!’ nugget. You may click on the session link to view/edit. Note that recorded sessions will also be visible under the ‘Live’ link, but that you must click on the ‘Recordings’ link to access the links to view them.