How to Enable Standards and Objectives within a Course
Standards are statements of what students should know and be able to do. Standards
are managed by a standards administrator within ANGEL® 7.2 and can be manually
created or gathered from outside organizations such as accreditation bodies and
state/federal agencies. Standards are organized hierarchically and can be mapped to
content within ANGEL® 7.2. These mappings allow extensive reporting on student and
course performance against standards.
Objectives are similar to standards except objectives are created and managed by the
instructor within a course.
- Objectives allow instructors to design educational outcomes that best fit thatcourse’s curriculum.
- Instructors can use objectives in conjunction with standards to create desired outcomes without being constrained by the hierarchical structure of the standard.
- Objectives can be mapped to one or multiple standards.
- Log into your ANGEL course
- Click the Manage Tab
- Click General Course Settings
- In the Course Data, scroll down and you will see Enable Standard and Enable Objectives. Be sure that the option is set to enabled.
- Click Save