How to Copy a Course
Using the Copy Course Wizard in ANGEL allows you to copy all course content from one course to another. This includes all items in Lessons, Calendar, Announcements, the Course Syllabus, and the Gradebook.
Student data, including the Course Roster, Discussion Postings, Quizzes and Drop Box Submissions, Grades, and Mail are NOT copied during this procedure.
- Log into your new ANGEL course
- Click the Manage tab. ( This should be the new empty course.)
- Click the Import Console hyperlink.
- Click the Copy Course hyperlink. The Copy Course import utility will appear on the screen.
- Select the course or group you want to import from the list of available courses and groups listed in the Source Course/Group drop-down menu.
- Mark the Copy Team Settings if you plan to use teh same team structure in the new course.
- Click the Copy button.
- You will receive a message letting you know that your copy has been queued. It may take a view minutes but the you will be in your NEW course site with your “old” content. If any area was hidden, it will still be hidden when copied. Student work and users will NOT copy over. You must update any old semester dates and any other dated materials. Double check any links to be sure the linked site has not moved. Go through your content using the User Preview Tool to be sure you do not refer to previous semesters. Also, if you used the Annoucement nugget, you will want to delete any annoucements that you do not want to be shown with this new section.