How to use the Date Manager
The Date Manager tool allows instructors the ability to assign new dates to every lesson within their courses as they prepare to teach the course for a new semester
Setting Course Dates:
Course dates allow instructors to establish start and end dates for the course as well as the days the course meets.
- Log into your course and click the Manage tab.
- Click the Date Manager hyperlink located under the Data Management section.
- On the Set Course Dates tab select the Beginning date using the drop-down list for Month, Day and Year or select the calendar icon to view a calendar for date selection.
- The beginning date is used in conjunction with the ending date to set the time when the course is available and assists with scheduling the content dates.
- Select the Ending date using the drop-down list for Month, Day and Year or select the calendar icon to view a calendar for date selection.
- Select the Time in from the drop-down menus. This assists the scheduling of content dates.
- Select the Duration in hours and minutes. This assists the scheduling of content times.
- Interval settings determines the days of the week that the course is offered.
Select Weekly and the days of the week when the course meets or select
Monthly if the course meets on a monthly basis.
Setting Content Dates tab:
A page containing all course content is displayed.
- Click the calendar icon under the Edit Dates column. The set dates editor appears with the content item listed.
- Select the date on the calendar for the item to be visible as well as the time the item should be visible from the Time drop-down list and click the Visible button.
- The << and >> symbols on the calendar allows you to move backward or forward on the calendar.
- Select the date on the calendar for the item to be hidden as well as the time the item should be hidden from the Time drop-down list and click the Hidden button.
- Click the Next> button to move to the next content item or click the <Prev button to return to a previous content item.
- . When all dates and times have been selected for the content items, click the
- Click the Save button to save your configurations.
** You can also set the enable dates and disable dates for an assessment here**