How to Import Content From a Course
- Enter the NEW course site.
- Choose the Lesson tab
- Choose Add Content
- Choose Import From a Course or Group
- In the Browse Section area, choose the previous course from the drop down menu. The course may be identified by the call number.
- Click Browse.
- Place a check mark in the box to the left of the content you want to import into your NEW course site. If your content is within a folder, you may need to click on the folder image to view what is within the folder.
- Select Copy Items.
- Depending on the size of the content, it may take a few minutes. Do not click copy items again or you will have duplicates.
- When you see the Items Imported: X (the number of items actually imported) choose Done.
- You should be in your NEW course site with your “old” content. If any area was hidden, it will still be hidden when copied. Student work and users will NOT copy over. You must update any old semester dates and any other dated materials. Double check any links to be sure the linked site has not moved. Go through your content using the User Preview Tool to be sure you do not refer to previous semesters.
- After this process, go to your OLD site. Enter the Manage Tab and choose general course settings. Set the Member Access area to editors only via the drop down menu. Click Save. This will hide your OLD course site from students and from your Home page area. This will prevent you from seeing it on your Home Page (and prevent you from spending time updating the OLD site that your students will not see). If you need to access the OLD course, go to Home and click edit to the right of the word Courses. This will give you a link to the OLD course site