Typically, student submissions are not required to be accessible. However, there are a number of reasons that faculty may want to take the initiative to have students create accessible submissions.
Here is a small sampling:
- Peer-to-peer review and feedback
- Relevance to student’s current field of study
- Increasing student technological proficiency
- Introducing the concept of Universal Design
- Multimedia submissions may need to be captioned or transcribed for grading or archival purposes
When creating submissions, students may choose from the same set of tools presented within the Making Accessible Documents tutorial.