PHY510 (6cr) Process Skills in Physics Teaching for New Physics Teachers. 8am-5pm MTWRF plus Tuesday and Thursday evenings. The workshop begins the Sunday before the first scheduled class with registration, a reception, and an introductory session.
Previously known as the New Physics Teachers Workshop, this acclaimed workshop presents an introduction to the physics activities and curricular issues faced by newly assigned physics teachers. Taught by Dr. David Henry and colleagues, the content and pedagogy are designed for new physics teachers. During the workshop, the participants will
* Assess and develop their understanding of fundamental physics concepts
* Become familiar with effective classroom activities and strategies that lead to successful physics teaching with the Physical science: Physics Core Curriculum.
* Experience laboratory activities designed to help all physics students develop successful problem-solving skills.
* Experience classroom instruction that effectively integrates group activities that build on prior knowledge.
* Examine assessment instruments designed to help physics students prepare for the Regents Physics Exam.
* Experience computer-enhanced instructional practices for developing science concepts elusive to other teaching strategies.
* Practice implementing research-based instructional strategies.
Additional Information: Where do you go when you arrive? What is the final schedule? What should you bring? What about meals? What about parking?
For more information about PHY 510 workshop course contact Dave Henry, (716) 878-5619. <email@example.com>. Flyer, firstname.lastname@example.org