Patrick J. McGovern
Campus Address: Classroom Building B222
- Curriculum and Assessment Committee Chairperson
- Student Political Society Adviser
- Pi Sigma Alpha, Xi Theta Chapter Adviser
Ph.D., Political Science, University of Arizona, 2004
M.A., Political Science, University of Montana, 1993
B.A., History and Political Science, University of Oregon, 1989
Ancient and Modern Political Thought, History of Political Science, Research Methods
Courses Usually Taught
- PSC 101 Introduction to Government and Politics
- PSC 103 Great Political Issues
- PSC 203 Political Analysis
- PSC 351 History of Western Political Theory I
- PSC 352 History of Western Political Theory II
- PSC 355 American Political Thought
- PSC 450 Contemporary Political Thought
- PSC 470 Political Science Seminar
- McGovern, Patrick J. 2010. “Perestroika in Political Science: Past, Present, and Future, Editor's Introduction.” PS: Political Science and Politics 43, no. 4: 725-7.
- Luke, Timothy W., and Patrick J. McGovern. 2010. "The Rebels' Yell: Mr. Perestroika and the Causes of This Rebellion in Context." PS: Political Science and Politics 43, no. 4: 729-731.
- Hull, Adrian, and Patrick J. McGovern. 2010. “Enhancing 21st Century Study Abroad.” Academic Exchange Quarterly, 14, no. 4.
- McGovern, Patrick J., and John P. Willerton. 2007. "American Democratic Practice, France, and Russia: Institutions, Values, and Alternative Democratic Experience." New Political Science 29, no. 2: 237-263.
- McGovern, Patrick. 2005. "The Trial of Scopes: Perestroika,
Epic Political Theory and the Dominance of Method," in New Political Science 27:2.
- McGovern, Patrick and John P. Willerton. 2007. “American Democratic Practice, France, and Russia: Institutions, Values, and Democratic Experiences” in New Political Science 29:2.