Campus Address: Classroom Building B215
B.A. Cum Laude (1980) Political Science/University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
M.A. (1983) Political Science/Atlanta University
Ph.D. (1988) Political Science/Atlanta University (now Clark Atlanta University)
- PSC 218: African American Political Culture
- PSC 327: Practical Politics (revised)
- PSC 333: African International Relations
- PSC 375: Race/Sex/Politics of Myth and Story
- PSC 488: Internship
Courses Usually Taught
- PSC 101 Introduction to Government and Politics
- PSC 102 Introduction to American Government
- PSC 210 The American Presidency
- PSC 218 African American Political Culture
- PSC 310 American Political Parties
- PSC 312 Legislative Process
- PSC 333 African International Relations
- PSC 375 Race/Sex/Politics/ of Myth and Story
- Book Review: Robert E. Pierre and Jon Peter, A Day Late and a Dollar Short: High Hope and Deferred Dreams in Obama's "Postracial" America Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons, Inc. 2010 | www.brothaonline.com May 2010
- The Metaphorical Imperative: An Assessment of Metaphor, Time, and Civil Rights," The Western Journal of Black Studies. 4 (1991): 223-231.
- "The New York State Martin Luther King, Jr. Commission and Institute for Nonviolence," Afro-Americans in New York Life and History. 17 (1993): 29-40.
- "The Naming: A Conceptualization of an African American Connotative Struggle," Journal of Black Studies. 32 (2001): 50-65.
- Book Review: Edward Roland Leader, Understanding Malcolm X: The Controversial Changes in His Philosophy. New York: Vantage Press, 1993. Published in Afro-Americans in New York Life and History. 18 (1994): 89-90.
- Book Review: Desmond King, Separate and Unequal: Black Americans and the U.S. Federal Government. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1995. Published in Black Issues In Higher Education. March 21, 1996, p.28.
- Book Review: DeWayne Wickham, Bill Clinton and Black America. New York: Ballantine Books, 2002. Published in Afro-Americans in New York Life and History. 26 (2002): 107-108.
- Psychological Cinemas: A Poetical Autobiography. Buffalo, NY: MR BEY. 1998.
- The Fictive Insanity of Races: The Human, The Rat, The Black & White. Buffalo, NY: Cover Publishing & Photography. 2001.
Awards and Recognition
- 1989 Outstanding Faculty Award, African-American Student Organization
- 1990 Buffalo State College Educator of the Year, Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc., Gamma Iota Chapter
- 1994 Professor of the Year, The Graduating Scholars of Color, Buffalo State College
- 1994 Faculty Merit Award, SEEK/EOP Buffalo State College
- 1998 Community Artist Recognition Award, Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc., Gamma Phi Omega Chapter
- 1998 Instructor of the Year, United Students Government, Buffalo State College
- 1998 For Outstanding Teaching in Political Science, the American Political Science Association
- 2000 Adviser Award for Dedication and Support, Caribbean Student Organization
- 2000 Adviser Recognition for Dedication and Leadership, Political Science Youth Caucus
- 2000 Leadership Award, Buffalo State College
- 2001 Instructor of the Year 2000-2001, Political Science Youth Caucus
- 2001 Award for Cultural Enlightenment 2000–2001, African American Student Organization
- 2001 Leadership Award, Buffalo State College
- 2002 Certificate of Appreciation for Outstanding Accomplishments from Professional Sisters Working Together, Buffalo, NY
- 2002 Inter-Greek Association Buffalo State College Recognition Award For Leadership and Support for Greek Life
- 2002 United Students Government Buffalo State College Hall of Fame for Life Long Meritorious Service to Students
- 2003 United Students Government Buffalo State College Hall of Fame for Life Long Meritorious Service to Students
- 2005 Buffalo Association of Black Journalists Certificate of Appreciation for Black History Month Poetry Event
- 2006 Award for Support, Black Active Minds, Buffalo State College
- 2007 Certificate of Recognition for Support, The Pan African Student Organization, Buffalo State
- 2009 United Students Government (Buffalo State College) "Instructor of the Year"
- 2009 The National Society of Leadership and Success (Sigma Alpha Pi) Buffalo State College "Excellence in Teaching"