The following guidelines apply to all Departmental relations in their dealings with suppliers/vendors:
- Give first consideration to the objectives and policies of Buffalo State College.
- Conduct business with potential and current suppliers in an atmosphere of mutual confidence and integrity, void of intentional misrepresentation.
- When making a purchase using the procurement card, strive to obtain the maximum value for each dollar spent. Consult with several suppliers if possible.
- Remain scrupulously free from obligations to any supplier.
- Decline personal gifts or gratuities.
- Avoid putting seller through unnecessary expense or inconvenience on returned goods.
- Do not sign any contracts or agreements. All contracts and agreements must be reviewed and signed by Procurement Services.