COMMONLY USED CONTRACTS - there are many types of contracts as seen on the "Types of Contract" page.  Buffalo State College uses P, T and C contracts for the majority of our contracts.

P-Contracts: commonly called State Contracts.  These are commodity contracts that were set up by the Office of General Services (OGS) in Albany.  Some commodities  that we purchase from P-Contracts are computers, printers, furniture, office supplies, auto parts, etc.  Bidding and award were completed by OGS and no other bidding is required.  Prices on large orders can be negotiated downward.

T-Contracts: this type is used when we are purchasing a service and there will be more than two payments in a fiscal year totaling over $5000.  This type can be used up to $250,000 total contract amount (some exceptions apply).  For example, if Buffalo State College hires a consultant in the total amount of $25,000 and the consultant will be paid more than two times in the fiscal year for this service, the contract must be written on a T-Contract. 

Exceptions: a C-Contract must be used if the total contract amount is over $125,000 and it is a sole source, single source, a bid protest is received, or the award was not made to the low bidder.  It then would require approval of the Attorney General's Office and the Office of the State Comptroller.

C-Contracts: these contracts are used for multiple payment purchases over $250,000, or one of the exceptions listed above.  They require the approval of the Attorney General's Office and the Office of the State Comptroller.

CONTRACT COMPLIANCE REQUIREMENTS - in addition to the Dollar Amount requirements.

  • Over $15,000 - State Finance Law 139 (Lobbying Law) and Consulting Service Forms (if applicable) must be filled out by the vendor.
  • Over $50,000 - Contract Reporter Advertisement.
  • Over $100,000 - all of the above, plus Vendor Responsibility ST-220 forms must be filled out by the vendor.

CONSTRUCTION CONTRACTS - Please contact Campus Services for construction rules and regulations.