When it is determined that a return is necessary, the following steps should be taken:
- Repackage the item with the original packaging, if possible.
- Mark the package with the purchase order #, or attach a copy of the purchase order to the package.
- Contact Procurement Services (PS) giving the reason for the return, the purchase order #, and the vendor name.
- If you have contacted the vendor, please ask for a Return Material Authorization (RMS#), or an Authorization to Return (ATR) tag.
- Send the item with the return information to Procurement
- If the item is large, please contact PS with the information and send the item to the Central Receiving area.
- PS will attach a blue return slip to the package, contact the vendor for pickup and change the original purchase order.