TIPS/SUGGESTIONS FOR PURCHASING GOODS & SERVICES
- Plan ahead. Do not wait until the last minute to submit a requisition.
- Make sure that the requisition is signed by an authorized person.
- Allow extra time for prior review and signature of an authorized person.
- Make sure that there is enough money in your account before submitting the requisition to Purchasing.
- Provide all available information with the requisition including the vendor name, phone number, federal ID number, any quotations that you have received, and any additional helpful information.
- Write clearly or better yet, use the online requisition forms and type in the requirements.
- Obtain 'delivered' pricing, including shipping, on all materials.
- Be realistic as to the required delivery date. Do not use ASAP.
- Check to see if the item requires assembly or installation and note that on the requisition. Special arrangement/costs may be required.
- Furniture deliveries may take an extended period of time. Plan accordingly.
When in doubt, check it out with Procurement Services at 878-4113.