Why Use the Visa Procurement Card?
- The PCard simplifies the Purchasing process - faster ordering, direct contact with suppliers, faster delivery of product .
- Can use the PCard up to $2500.
- Flexibility and control to meet deadlines. Reduce the inventory requirements.
- Great for Internet purchases where no purchase order is accepted.
- The average cost of processing a requisition to purchase order, delivery, receipt and payment is over $100.
- On average, each PCard transaction results in a $67 savings in administrative processing costs.
- The PCard use applies to State and IFR funds.
- The State of New York encourages the use of the Procurement Card.
- The PCard is assigned to a specific state account(s).
- Can be used for a wide range of program related expenses under $2500.
- Assigned to an individual-not a Department.
- Training is mandatory.
- No travel or food related purchases.
- Cannot purchase restricted items.
- Must reconcile every month and keep proper paperwork.
- College liability, not individual liability.
Great to Use For
- Orders under $2500.
- Registration fees for conferences.
- Seminars, memberships, subscriptions.
- Supplies where there is a state contract (Grainger, Office Max, computers, scientific., etc.).
- Online orders.