The following are restricted items that you CANNOT use the Visa card for.  When in doubt, please check it out with Procurement Services, 878-4113.

  • Personal use.
  • Meals, refreshments, alcoholic beverages, coffee service, restaurants, food for departmental parties, etc.
  • Orders exceeding the $2500 limit.
  • Items purchased separately that, when purchased together, would exceed the $2500 limit (e.g., split ordering).
  • Computer systems (peripherals and components to be added to an existing system are ok).
  • Gasoline.
  • Medical services.
  • Cash advances.
  • Cash back on purchases.
  • Cash refunds on returns.
  • Controlled substances (e.g., narcotics, prescription drugs).
  • Live animals.
  • Radioactive materials.
  • Specialty gases/cylinder rentals.
  • When a written agreement needs to be signed by a representative of the College (e.g., software license).
  • Contracted services from an individual.
  • Leases, insurance.
  • Travel (e.g.,airline, car rental, lodging, restaurant, etc.).
  • Entertainment (e.g., movies, theater, concerts, etc.).
  • Unapproved trademark items.
  • Rents, leases.
  • Non-employee compensation (payments for any personal services).
  • Gift certificates.
  • Gifts and flowers.
  • Savings bonds.
  • Gift cards.
  • Holiday decorations, cards and party supplies.