Research and background information:
- A Guide to Mentoring by K. Jones, V. Hardcastle, & L. Agnich. A good general introduction to mentoring.
- At the tipping point? Role of formal faculty mentoring in changing university research cultures by C. Mullen& J. Hutinger (Journal of In-Service Education, Jun2008, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p181-204)
- Does Mentoring New Faculty Make a Difference? by H. Kanuka
- Exemplary Junior Faculty Mentoring Programs by R. Thomas
- Faculty Mentoring (USC Center for Excellence in Teaching). Includes "myths of mentoring", a mentoring checklist, and suggested mentoring activities.
- Faculty Mentoring Programs: Reenvisioning Rather Than Reinventing the Wheel by D. Zellers, V. Howard, M. Barcic. Review of Educational Research (Sep2008, Vol. 78 Issue 3, p552-588)
- Helping New Faculty Get Off to a Good Start by R. Brent & R. Felder
- Measuring the Effectiveness of Faculty Mentoring Relationships by R. Berk, J. Berg, R. Mortimer, B. Walton-Moss, & T. Yeo. Includes an instrument for measuring the effectiveness of faculty mentoring relationships.
- Mutual Mentoring Guide by M. Sorcinelli & J. Yun
- Outcomes of a pilot faculty mentoring program by E. Tracy, R. Jagsi, R. Starr MBA, & N. Tarbell MD
Mentoring guidelines, toolkits, and programs at other colleges:
- Carmen's Home: An Online Portal for Building Teaching and Learning Communities and Resources in Higher Education and Organizations (Carmen Iannaccone)
- Empowering the Faculty: Mentoring Redirected and Renewed by Gaye Luna and Deborah Cullen. Jossey-Bass, 1995, ISBN-13: 978-1878380678
- Faculty Success through Mentoring: A Guide for Mentors, Mentees, and Leaders by Carole J. Bland. Rowman & Littlefield Education, 2009, ISBN-13: 978-1607090663
- Surviving the transition from grad student to new faculty member (videos by C. Miles)