Faculty Mentoring Focus Groups
Faculty development recently offered the opportunity to participate in focus group discussions of faculty mentoring. The discussion topics included sharing mentoring experiences, defining types of mentoring, expectations for mentors, and suggestions for developing faculty mentoring at Buffalo State.
The guiding questions are below.
- What type(s) of mentoring already occur at Buffalo State?
- What is a mentor?
- How are mentors assigned?
- How are mentors developed?
- How do mentors benefit from the relationship?
- What is the role of faculty development in facilitating mentoring?