Banner for students can be accessed directly at http://www.buffalostate.edu/banner.
Banner Student Registration Guide (PDF)-Updated 7/25/13
Understanding Information As It Appears on the Master Schedule in Banner - Quick Reference (PDF)
- Days of the Week
- Building Codes & 3-D Campus Map
- Instructional Methods
- Restrictions and Reservations placed on courses
Understanding & Resolving Registration Add Errors in Banner Quick Reference
Go to Deadline Calendars page for more information on important semester deadlines.
For Summer/Fall 2014 Registration: Please note that for continuing undergraduate-level freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors, your registration start date is based on earned credit hours only. Do not count "in progress" credit hours you are taking in Spring 2014. Class is determined by total number of earned credit hours (Buffalo State + transfer); Seniors (90+ hours), Juniors (60-89 hours), Sophomores (30-59 hours), and Freshman (0-29 hours).
View Banner Tutorials
- How to Search for Classes (pdf, 416KB)
- How to Register for Classes (pdf, 485KB)
How to View/Print Class Schedule. (pdf, 137KB)
A best practice is to always print a copy of your class schedule each time you change your registration in Banner. Without a printed copy, you may miss an error.
It is recommended that you always print the most updated version of your schedule after you complete any add/drop activity.
1. Choose Registration.
2. Click on the View Required Books and Course Materials link.
3. Click SUBMIT button on the Printer-friendly version of the class schedule prompt.
4. Keep a printed copy as proof of registration.