Frequently Asked Questions about the Lofts at 136
How do I pay for housing at the Lofts?
- Your room and board charges will be on your student account. You will be charged the regular double room rate and you will not pay the Lofts directly.
Is laundry free at the Lofts?
-Yes, laundry will be free. The Laundry room has 7 washers and 7 dryers with text alert.
How will I receive mail at the Lofts?
- Each resident will be assigned a mailbox when they check-in.
How will I connect to the internet at the Lofts at 136?
-There is wireless internet available throughout the Lofts.
What are the different living options available to students at the Lofts?
- The Lofts are apartments with single and doubles rooms in a suite, the suites include a common living area and a full kitchen.
Will I get a single room?
- Single rooms are being assigned based on the date the housing application was received. There are approximately 80 single rooms and 80 double rooms.
How will the Lofts at 136 be staffed?
- The Lofts at 136 will be staffed with Buffalo State Residence Life staff members. There will be a Resident Director and 4 Resident Assistants who are housed on-site.
When will I know my room assignment and roommate?
-You will receive your room assignment online in Early August.
Will I be able to move back on campus?
-Residents will have the opportunity to move back to campus as space becomes available, the Residence Life Office will provide moving assistance.
How will I get to and from Buffalo State?
-There will be bus transportation available on Weekdays from 7:00 am- 12:30am and Weekends from 10:00am- 7:30pm
Do I need to get a meal plan?
-At the Lofts you will have a full kitchen, so you are not required to get a meal plan. However, there are meal plan options available for when you are on campus. There will also be bus shuttles to Tops and Wegmans on the "C" bus schedule every evening between 6:00pm and 10:20pm.
When is move-in day for the Lofts at 136?
-Transfer students will move in on August 23rd at 9am
-Returning students will move in on August 25th and 26th at 9am
If you have any more questions, please feel free to call the Residence Life Office at 716-878-3000