This section will provide you with a comprehensive listing of various scholarship search engines, regional community foundation sites, and links to academic schools at Buffalo State College that will enable you to conduct searches on your own and to apply for scholarships online.
Scholarship Search Engines/Databases top
- For a variety of databases, Click here.
- For State of New York Scholarships, Click here.
- For Native American Financial Aid Directory, Click here.
Community Foundations top
Community foundations exist to manage charitable trusts that give money away in the form of grants (funds to organizations) and scholarships (funds to individuals). And because the foundations serve local communities they are one of the best places to start a search for scholarships.
Keep in mind that not all community foundations manage scholarship funds and that many foundations have overlapping "territories". Here are some examples of NY community foundations:
- Allegany County Area Foundation
- Chautauqua Region Community Foundation
- Community Foundation of Greater Buffalo
- Rochester Area Community Foundation
- The Community Foundation of Dutchess County
- The Community Foundation of Elmira-Corning and the Finger Lakes
- The Community Foundation for the Greater Capital Region
By Major top
External scholarships are sometimes also offered through the academic schools at Buffalo State. All four schools associated with the college are listed below along with a link to each of their websites.
When searching on a page for a scholarship for a specific major we recommend using the find function (Ctrl+F) to speed identification of applicable scholarships, e.g. "Ctrl+F", "English" to find scholarships for English or English Education majors.
Art Conservation, Art Education, Communication, Design, English, Fine Arts, Interior Design, Modern & Classical Languages, Music, Philosophy and Humanities, Theater
Educational Foundations, Elementary Education & Reading, Exceptional Education
Anthropology, Biology, Chemistry, Earth Sciences & Science Education, Economics & Finance, Geography & Planning, History & Social Studies Education, Mathematics, Physics, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology
Business, Computer Information Systems, Creative Studies, Criminal Justice, Dietetics & Nutrition, Health & Wellness, Hospitality & Tourism, Social Work, Speech-Language Pathology, Student Personnel Administration, Technology
New York State Scholarships top
The New York State Higher Education Services Corporation (HESC) and New York State Education Department (SED)administer several scholarships available to residents of the state of New York.
HESC Administered Scholarships:
- Flight 3407 Memorial Scholarships
- Flight 587 Memorial Scholarships
- Military Service Recognition Scholarship (MSRS)
- NY Lottery - Leaders of Tomorrow Scholarship
- NYS Math/Science Teaching Incentive Scholarship
- NYS Memorial Scholarships for Families of Deceased Firefighters, Volunteer Firefighters, Police Officers, Peace Officers, and Emergency Medical Service Workers
- New York State Scholarship for Academic Excellence
- World Trade Center (WTC) Scholarship
- Senator Patricia K. McGee Nursing Faculty Scholarship
- NYS Regents Awards for Children of Deceased and Disabled Veterans
- Veterans Tuition Awards
To apply for HESC administered scholarships, go to the Grants/ Scholarship/Awards page at the HESC website.
SED Administered Scholarships:
- The Scholarships for Academic Excellence
- The Robert C. Byrd Honors Scholarship Program
For additional information, see the Pre-Collegiate Preparation & Scholarships page at the SED website.
Army ROTC (Reserve Officer Training Corps) top
Making ROTC part of your college curriculum is a smart choice. Army ROTC is a unique college elective that enhances your degree with leadership training and experience that no other college course can offer. Students can attend ROTC and receive credit toward their degree without incurring any military obligation.
For additional information visit www.canisius.edu/rotc - a shared program between Canisius and Buffalo State.
Contact info: (716) 888-3239 or email@example.com