The Adult Education department prepares graduates for careers in adult education and human resource development. The degree program combines a sound theoretical base with practical experiences, including an internship.
- Adult Education, M.S.
- Adult Education (Graduate Certificate)
- Human Resources Development (Graduate Certificate)
The Career and Technical Education program is designed to train experienced, skilled craftspeople to teach their trades to others. CTE houses the Business Marketing Education program, which prepares students to become business educators.
- Business and Marketing Education, B.S.
- Career and Technical Education, B.S.
- Family and Consumer Sciences Education, B.S.
- Business and Marketing Education, M.S.
- Business and Marketing Education (Certification Only)
- Career and Technical Education, M.S.
- Career and Technical Education (Certification Only)
The Elementary Education department prepares graduates to teach in elementary schools through a broad-based content education, in-depth study of a given discipline, and a professional sequence of courses on how to teach (pedagogy).
- Childhood Education (Grade 1-Grade 6)
- Early Childhood Education (Birth-Grade 2)
- Early Childhood and Childhood Education(Birth-6th grade)
- Childhood and Early Childhood Curriculum and Instruction
- Childhood and Early Childhood Education (Birth-Grade 6) including initial teaching certification (MIITC) (for students with an undergraduate degree who seek elementary education certification)
- Educational Leadership, C.A.S.
- Educational Leadership, Combined School Building Leader/School District Leader (SBL/SDL), C.A.S.
- Literacy Specialist (Birth-Grade 12)
The Exceptional Education department prepares graduates to educate students who have special instructional needs including students who have disabilities traditionally associated with physical and neurological impairments, mental retardation, and learning and behavioral problems.
- Exceptional Education with Dual Certification : Exceptional Education and Childhood Education (Grade 1-Grade 6)
- Special Education: Adolescence
- Special Education: Childhood
- Special Education: Early Childhood
- Teaching Bilingual Exceptional Individuals
- Joint Doctoral Program (offered in collaboration with the University of Buffalo)
The Social and Psychological Foundations of Education department prepares graduates for professional and academic careers in a wide variety of fields.
Social and Psychological Foundations of Education Areas:
. . .