Kappa Omega Chapter of the Phi Alpha Honor Society
Phi Alpha is a national social work honor society for undergraduate social work majors, faculty, and local practitioners. The purposes of Phi Alpha are to provide a closer bond among students of social work and promote humanitarian goals and ideals. Phi Alpha fosters high standards of academic excellence and training for social workers.
Email your questions to: BSCKappaOmega@yahoo.com
2012-2013 Phi Alpha Honor Society: Kappa Omega Chapter officers: Tricia Lewis (President), Victoria Fulton (VP), Eric Plotar and Emily Masotti (Co-treasurers), and Sherrell McLean (Secretary)
Check out Kappa Omega on Facebook!
Kappa Omega induction ceremony 2012 (pictures)
An undergraduate student is eligible for active membership after achieving the following National minimum requirements and meeting local Chapter requirements:
- Declared social work as a major
- Achieved sophomore status
- Completed eight semester hours or 12-quarter hours of required social work courses
- Achieved an overall grade point average of 3.0. on a 4.0 scale
- Achieved a 3.25 grade point average in required social work courses