Employment and Continuing Education Opportunities
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, national employment of social workers is expected to increase faster than the average for all occupations through 2016. Opportunities are expected to be particularly keen in rural areas and in serving a growing older population.
Job listings and conferences on continuing education are posted on the bulletin boards in the hallway outside the Social Work Department Office, Classroom C 115. The Career Development Center, Grover Cleveland Hall, Room 306, also keeps an extensive reference file of opportunities. Their Web site is http://www.buffalostate.edu/offices/cdc/.
Additional Web sites for employment in Western New York:
- I am Buffalo Niagara Jobs http://www.iambuffaloniagarajobs.com
- WNY Jobs Weekly http://www.wnyjobs.com
- Buffalo News Classified http://www.buffalonews.com
- Erie County Civil Service http://www.erie.gov
- Go Jobs http://www.gojobs.com/New-York-jobs.html
- Buffalo Help Wanted http://www.buffalohelpwanted.com
- SUNY Buffalo http://www.buffalo.edu
- Great Job Network http://www.greatjobnetwork.com