|The National Student Exchange has established a basic framework of policies to which all member campuses are subject. Within that framework, each campus determines its own working parameters and procedures for the program. The campus also sets its own policies relating to student participation. Each campus has an NSE coordinator who is responsible for administering the NSE program at that campus. He or she is the best source of advice about the NSE program as it relates to your participation from your campus.|
For more information in regards to housing, language proficieny, grades and credits, special needs, semester and quarter exchanges, program access and availabity, majors, distance education, and athletics please refer to the NSE Directory.
NSE participation is a privilege, not a right. Listed below are the minimal requirements for NSE participation. All of these requirements are applicable at the time of application and at the completion of the term prior to your exchange.
- full-time enrollment at your home campus
- minimum home campus cumulative GPA of 2.5 (4.0 scale)
- good academic standing as defined by your home institution
- no incomplete grades from previous terms
- no current or pending probationary status due to academic dishonesty or misconduct
- no outstanding financial obligations to your home institution
- no current or pending probationary or disciplinary action for violation of codes of student conduct
- must not be on probation, parole, or have any pending legal judgments
Note: If your GPA for the term preceeding exchange falls below a 2.5, your exchange may be subject to cancellation by your home coordinator even though your overall GPA remains at a cumulative 2.5 or greater.
Your home campus NSE coordinator will make the final determination regarding your eligibility as well as select those applicants who will participate from your campus. Therefore, you must also meet any requirements or qualifications which may be imposed by your home campus. Also, consult the campus narratives in the NSE Directory for campus-specific exchange limitations and restrictions which apply to incoming exchange students at the universities you are considering for exchange.