Buffalo State National Student Speech-Language-Hearing Association
The Buffalo State College chapter of the National Student Speech-Language-Hearing Association (NSSLHA) provides an opportunity for students studying speech-language pathology to expand on their knowledge from the classroom into the community. This organization meets monthly in order to fulfill specific goals, such as discuss graduate school preparation, career development, and volunteer and fundraising efforts.
BSC-NSSLHA 2012-2013 Mission Statement
The mission of the NSSLHA Chapter of Buffalo State is to increase awareness of students in the professions of Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology by providing members with the support and advocacy to succeed while promoting community involvement and leadership development.
Executive Board 2012 - 2013
- President: Jennifer Morse
- Vice President: Marcella Szatkowski
- Secretary: Alicia Vetter
- Treasurer: Gina Giardina
- Historian: Stacy Kelly
- Webmaster: Rachel Belcher
- Faculty Advisor: Dr. Constance Dean Qualls
To contact any members of the Executive Board click here!
- Tuesday, April 30, 2013 at 12:15
April 27, 2013: 2nd Annual 5K Walk/Run
- Check out the Flyer!
- Location: Coyer Field, Buffalo State College
- Time: Registration begins at 9:00am; Walk/Run begins at 10:00am
- Notes: Please see registration form and sponsorship form to participate!
May 3, 2013: Annual Spring Awards Banquet
- Check out the flyer!
- Location: Creekside Banquet Facility, 2669 Union Road, Cheektowaga, New York.
- Time: 6:00-10:00pm
- Note: Check/money orders due by May 1, 2013 to Speech-Language Pathology Office
Time to vote for your 2013-2014 NSSLHA officers!
- 2013-2014 officer election speeches can be viewed here.
- Read about the NSSLHA officers duties here.
- Official NSSLHA officer election ballot
NSSLHA is a great resource for students entering, or currently in, the field of communication sciences and disorders. National membership allows students access to many peer-reviewed articles and information about current events and news in the field, as well as a discount on membership into ASHA.