Buffalo State College will be a nationally recognized leader in public higher education, known:
- For the intellectual and creative accomplishments of its faculty, staff, and students.
- As a caring academic environment where lives are transformed through education and each individual is valued.
- As an institution that serves to improve our region, our nation, and our world, one student at a time.
Buffalo State is committed to the intellectual, personal, and professional growth of its students, faculty, and staff. The goal of the college is to inspire a lifelong passion for learning and to empower a diverse population of students to succeed as citizens of a challenging world. Toward this goal, and in order to enhance the quality of life in Buffalo and the larger community, the college is dedicated to excellence in teaching and scholarship, cultural enrichment, and service.
We, the Buffalo State community, are committed to:
- Access to quality public higher education.
- Quality teaching and learning.
- Opportunities for individuals to realize their full potential.
- The rigors, joys, and fulfillment of intellectual discovery.
- Supportive and collegial relationships.
- Respect for diversity and individual differences.
- Service to society.