To provide funding in support of the mission of Buffalo State College, any proposal submitted must address how the activity, if funded, will contribute to the College's vision, mission, core values and strategic directions, as presented in the 2009-2013 Strategic Plan for Buffalo State College, available for viewing at www.buffalostate.edu/strategicplanning.
In order to be considered for funding, all programs and events must:
- be open to all students, faculty and staff at Buffalo State;
- result in a direct educational experience and
- be held on-campus at Buffalo State College.
Preference will be given to funding direct program costs including honoraria, venue costs, production costs and marketing. The Grant Allocation Committee has limited funds to distribute. Applicants proposing programs with a high cost should plan to pursue additional sources of funds and describe those plans in their budget narrative.
Multiple Funding Restrictions
Restrictions do exist for the funding of multiple individual or departmental requests. The Committee encourages collaboration in developing proposals and suggests that members of the same department or organization consult each other before applying for this grant, as the following restrictions apply:
- Departments or organizations may not receive funding for more than two activities per semester.
- Individuals may not receive funding for more than one activity per semester.
- Departments, organizations or individuals may not submit multiple requests for the same event, or portions of the same event, from the Auxiliary Services Grant Allocation Committee. It is suggested that additional funding be sought through other funding sources.
Requirements for Award Recipients
All literature and advertisements pertaining to funded programs should name the Auxiliary Services Grant Allocation Committee and the Academic and Student Affairs Office as a sponsor. Award recipients must submit a report to the Committee at the conclusion of their program.
The above guidelines are subject to review and revision by the Grant Allocation Committee.