There are three ways to study for each exam.
- The Best Study Guide for the NYSTCE. This book is on reserve in the Butler Library. It may also be purchased at the Buffalo State College and other bookstores. (ATS-W & LAST)
- Barron's; ARCO; and Kaplan publish LAST/ATS-W Reviews. These books are for sale at most off-campus bookstores.
- You may want to consider studying former regents exams in the appropriate content area for your CST. Barron's Regents Exams & Answers Review Book may be found at Barnes & Noble bookstore.
- Preparation Courses offered at Buffalo State College through the Continuing Education Office:
- Examination frameworks: http://www.nystce.nesinc.com/NY_viewobjs_opener.asp
- Preparation guides from the testing agency are available on their Web site at www.nystce.nesinc.com/NY_viewSG_opener.asp
- http://www.teachingsolutions.org/nystce.html NYSTCE preparation guides and online prep courses available.
- www.kaptest.com - free study guide and additional resource links to the web. Click on education, certification (red), and on the left side, click CST guide. Biology, Early Childhood, Elementary Education, ESOL, Physics, Spanish, Chemistry, Earth Science, English, Math and Social Studies. This site also offers an online course, which is approximately $150.
- CertEd.com - NYSTCE review online (LAST, ATS-W, MULTISUBJECT CST)
- www.xamonline.com – Review Books (ATS-W, CST-most subjects)
- http://www.testbooksonline.com/nystce.htm - Review Books available
- Praxis Study Help: www.studyguidezone.com/praxis.htm
- General Study Assistance: http://www.studytips.org
*NYSTCE preparation courses begin 6-8 weeks before each test date. For more information, course prices, or to register for review courses, contact:
Office of Continuing Education
Cleveland Hall 210
THIS INFORMATION IS PROVIDED FOR REFERENCE PURPOSES ONLY. IT IS THE CONSUMER'S OBLIGATION TO FULLY EVALUATE THE PRODUCT/SERVICE PRIOR TO PURCHASE. THE TEACHER CERTIFICATION OFFICE ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE QUALITY OR APPLICABILITY OF THE PRODUCT/SERVICE.