New York State has reciprocal teacher certification agreements with every state; however, each state has unique requirements.  To find out the requirements for specific states, please access the Department of Education homepages for each state. 

If you need to verify the completion of a Buffalo State College approved teacher preparation program for certification purposes in another state, please send a completed and signed "Student Release of Records" form to the Teacher Certification Office, along with the out of state verification form and a stamped envelope containing the address to which you would like the verification sent.