The textile laboratory is used primarily by students in the textile evaluation course, allowing students to use testing equipment in a manner similar to a commercial testing laboratory. For class projects, the students test textiles products following standards set by AATCC and ASTM.
Historical Costume Collection
Students investigate time periods and perform restoration on collection pieces. Apparel design students may recreate styles of a particular period using time honored construction techniques.
The CAD/CAM system is an integral part of the fashion textile technology curriculum. Students are exposed to the technical processes used in apparel/textile design and production.
CAD/CAM lab facilities:
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat)
- Lectra (Diamino, Modaris, U4ia, PrimaVision)
- OptinTex (PDS, Mark, Grade, Digitize, Modulate, 3D Runway Suite)
- NedGraphics Fashion and Print Studio
- Lectra U4ia
- Age Technologies
- Sourcing Simulator