Weigel Health Promotions: A Guide to Marketing
1. Sign in/out when you begin/end your hours (if you need to verify hours).
2. No more than 4 hours per shift. Maximum of 2 hours for chalking and 1 hour for any other form of marketing. Photos should be taken and emailed or uploaded to our social media; locations and activities documented.
3. Start by chalking (outside) in high traffic areas (doors/benches) surrounding major buildings on campus (Campbell Student Union, E.H. Butler Library, Bulger Communications Center, Classroom, Rockwell Sidewalk, Bus Stop etc.) if they have not already been chalked for the event
4. All chalking/dry-erase should include:
a.) name of the event b) date & time c) location
5. Chalking should be done on the sidewalks and should be easily washed away naturally (NOT vertical, on benches, buildings, pillars, or under areas that are not exposed to rain (ex. student union entrance)
6. All marketing should be tastefully done excluding offensive content and language; be promotional in nature and exclude personal representation, including sigma of unaffiliated organizations
7. Chalking (outside) should be done largely enough and simply enough for people to read and/or recognize quickly
8. All forms of marketing should be carefully recorded; including dates and times and returned Weigel Health Promotions ASAP
9. Take a photo of your work and post it to the Facebook page/Twitter & share with your friends!
1. Do not chalk when it is dark/late at night/secluded areas or alone
2. Do not pre-record volunteer hours or sign for anyone else.
3. Do not chalk on anything except the sidewalk (ex. Sides of buildings, vertical, under awnings, personal items etc.)
4. Do not disrupt classes, events, or gatherings in order to chalk/dry-erase.
5. Do not write too large in classrooms because it will be erased; rather write the message in a small section of the board that will be out of the way
6. Do not utilize supplies for personal use or unaffiliated reasons. All supplies are for the event/marketing assigned by Weigel Health Promotions
7. Do not include any profanity, or potentially offensive language or imagery in chalking
8. Do not hold supplies belonging to Weigel Health Promotions overnight. All supplies must be returned to the office immediately.
9. Do not chalk too small or elaborately. Should be easy to read & understand.
10. Do not tape/stick/hang flyers in random areas on doors. They will be removed.
Click here to fill out the Volunteer Service Log to submit time, hours and locations.
Sanctioned Students Only: Click here to log your community service hours you complete with Weigel Health Promotions