Students that have been sanctioned by Buffalo State College can be refereed to complete community service hours for the Weigel Health Promotions department. All of the rules and responsibilities of a volunteer stands for a student that has been sanctioned.
In addition a sanctioned student must:
- Have a referral from Judicial to Weigel Health Promotions
- Contact and meet with Paula A. Madrigal
- Fill out and submit the Weigel Health Promotions Application Form
- Review all information on the Buffalo State College website for the following departments:
- Read the Marketing Rules and Regulations
- Submit the community service form each and every time service hours are completed
- Take and submit photos to Paula Madrigal of all work that is completed for the office each and every time (the same day)
- Respond promptly to all communication especially e-mails and voicemail/messages
- Show up on time and dressed appropriately for the assigned tasks
- Communicate any questions, concerns or issues with either Paula Madrigal or Tammy Kresge
- Complete a 3 page paper (minimum) at the end of the hours describing their experience with the weigel health promotions office
Please include the following in your paper:
- What your initial thoughts were about the experience
Do you feel like you were treated with respect
What tasks were you assigned and completed from our office
What workshops, programs, and/or events did you participate in and/or promote?
What were your thoughts about them?
What would you change if anything?
How (if at all) do you believe this experience has helped you?