Weigel Health Center
Health Promotion Office
Variety of Hours
Volunteer Job DescriptionTitle: Volunteer Position
Position Summary: To assist the Health Promotion staff with duties as needed.
- Assist with the implementation of the marketing efforts (flyer distribution, chalking, dry erasing, etc).
- Assist with programs, workshops, and events.
- Assist with basic health promotion office duties.
- Other duties as needed.
Students must possess the following qualifications in order to be considered for the position.
- Strong interest in working with health promotion, social justice issues, and other campus wellness topics. Topics include but are not limited to: sexual health, tobacco prevention, alcohol prevention, nutrition, and other wellness topics.
Must provide paperwork ahead of time if needing formal volunteer hours.
Currently enrolled as a full-time Buffalo State College student.
The Health Promotions Office accepts student volunteers (undergraduate and graduate) continuously throughout the year. Volunteers are utilized for various Health Promotion and Weigel Health Center projects, programs, and events.Volunteer Duties Include (but not limited to):
- Marketing of programs and events through hanging up flyers, chalking, dry erasing, and other marketing tasks.
- Stuffing bags or envelopes.
- Set up and clean up at programs and events.
- Organizing office.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current Buffalo State College student
- Fill out this online student application
- If you were referred via a judicial sanction then we must have a note or form from the person who administered the sanction.
- Attend a 1 hour volunteer training. Trainings are held twice a month. Volunteers cannot start hours until they have completed the training.